"Guess what?…The Daily sh*t followed me on Twitter!" "Hey, Giada DeLaurentiis just tweeted back." It is ironic that most of our conversation is centered around social media, Twitter and writing. When only about 14 months ago we couldn't figure out how Twitter works. Today as a social media client care specialist, she tweets for clients every single week and she is becoming really good, efficient and fast at it.
If you have not used Twitter, try it. You'll soon discover its a great tool for writing and networking. Today's article is written by my teenage daughter, Bethany Looi.
25 Twitter Ready Quotes
By Bethany Looi
If you have a Twitter account and tweet on a daily basis, your tweets (and mine!) are contributing to the over 400 million tweets that are tweeted per day! (according to an article on msnbc.com)
And according to business.twitter.com, there are over 140 million active users on Twitter!
One of the things that I like to tweet are quotes.
Here are 3 reasons (and there are many more!) why quotes are retweeted:
1. They are inspiring or motivating. Sometimes reading an inspiring quote can be little reminders. For example, “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. -Zig Ziglar”.
2. Short enough to fit in a tweet. Because of Twitter’s 140 character limit, the majority of quotes are short enough to fit in a tweet.
3. Somebody notable said it. If one of your followers sees the name of their favorite author in one of the quotes that you tweeted, they may retweet it.
Due to Twitter’s 140 character limit, one thing that’s really important to remember when tweeting a quote is to make sure there are not too many characters, or else your follower can’t retweet it. The maximum number of characters that a person’s username can have is 15 characters, so keep that in mind when you tweet quotes.
For example, when you retweet a quote, you would put “RT @” and the person’s username. That’s 3 characters.
Let’s pretend someone’s username has 15 characters in it, that would be 15 characters.
3 characters from the “RT @” and 15 characters from the username = 18 characters.
Therefore, your quotes should be at least 18 characters less than the character limit in order for your follower to retweet it.
With that in mind, I have listed 25 quotes that you can tweet that are Twitter ready.
Here are 25 Twitter ready quotes that I have compiled:
1. Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true. -Brian Tracy
2. It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going. -Brian Tracy
3. You never achieve success unless you like what you are doing. -Dale Carnegie
4. You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. -Dale Carnegie
5. If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. -Dale Carnegie
6. The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way. -Dale Carnegie
7. Life is not accountable to us. We are accountable to life. -Denis Waitley
8. Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us. -E. Nightingale
9. You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. -Jim Rohn
10. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. -Les Brown
11. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. -Tony Robbins
12. Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try. -Michael Jordan
13. The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. -Walter Bagehot
14. Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing. -Napoleon Hill
15. Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. -Zig Ziglar
16. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. -Walt Disney
17. Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz
18. Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not. -George Bernard Shaw
19. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. -Lao-Tsu
20. Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal. -Henry Ford
21. Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. -Henry Ford
22. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill
23. Energy and persistence conquer all things. -Benjamin Franklin
24. Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. –Confucius
25. Action is the foundational key to all success. -Pablo Picasso
In addition to tweeting these quotes, if you have enough characters left, you can put the hashtag, #quote. A hashtag is represented by a number sign (#). People who aren’t even your followers can search the hashtag using search.twitter.com and find your tweet and maybe even retweet it. You can also find other Twitter users’ tweets that also contain the #quote.
Bethany Looi is a teen who helps Internet Marketers with their VA and social media client care needs. She loves social media, food photography, traveling and the Spanish language. Bethany is combining these passions to pursue a career in journalism and social media management. She has finished high school at the age of 16 and is currently taking a year off to pursue her passions and growing her business. You may like her free report called Common Errors Bloggers Make That Ruin Their Results at her website- ontaskva.com.
Photo credit: https://twitter.com/logo